The street frontage of Harry Shaw, Naturalist and Fishing Tackle Maker's shop, 45 High Street, Shrewsbury 1888.
The goods displayed include stuffed fauna under glass domes, a huge plaster fish, a mounted bull's head, a dog basket, a keep net and coracles.
The bowler-hatted man in the suit is likely to be Mr Shaw and the boy his assistant. The Shrewsbury Chronicle of 27 June 1862 reported that Mr Shaw had recently stuffed a lion.
This is one of the photographs taken by Mr J L Della Porta in his 1888 survey of Shrewsbury Shops.
Original image and information ©.Shropshire Archives
High quality glossy print. Frame not included. Depending on size chosen, some parts of image shown may be cropped.
© Colourised by Tom Marshall (PhotograFix). All Rights Reserved.